Serpentine may be a small rural town, but come and see it from a different perspective. Try it from a canoe. Loddon Shire and Latrobe University have developed this canoe trail, with launching canoe ramps with disability in mind, giving wheel chair access to the river.
This all-abilities canoe ramp and trail has been purpose-designed for all ages . The launching area is located on Whytcross Road, which you will find off Boort-Pyramid Road.
The five-kilometre Serpentine Creek Canoe Trail features six bright yellow buoys at points of interest along the creek. The trail shares historic and ecological stories, via an annotated map. Marker buoys are situated at the points of interest and can be found via the map, or GPS.
Canoes can be hired for Serpentine Creek Canoe trail at Durham Ox:
- Cost $40 per day paddle and life vest supplied
- Can deliver and pick up canoes from the Durham ox canoe trail at a cost of $60
- 24 hours notice to drop of the canoes
- Canoes are on a trailer and can be towed to the canoe trail by the person hiring the canoe
- Canoe paddling lessons are available at the Boort Lakes Holiday Park – Lessons are 30 minutes and cover safety, using the paddle, technique, balance in the canoe steering the canoe safely as well as entering and exiting the canoe. Cost of lessons are $30
- A guide can take a group on the Serpentine Creek Canoe Trail to ensure you see all the amazing sights on offer. Cost of guide $180 per tour.
- Group hire would suit schools, water enthusiasts, nature lovers or anyone that would like a unique experience in the outdoors
For more information regarding canoe hire please contact the Boort Lakes Holiday Park on 03 5455 2064 or email email@example.com