Local Government Areas how to
Inclusive Local Government Areas
Inclusive Towns has been designed following direct consultation with people a lived experience of disability who identified they needed better access, awareness and understanding when accessing businesses and services.
The identified barriers are found in communities large and small across regional, rural and metropolitan Australia. Inclusive Towns has been designed to be able to roll out in any area, and is adaptable to meet the needs of your community.
If you would like more information, and to discuss participation please get in touch with the Inclusive towns team.
The team can:
- Host information sessions and workshops for council staff that will provide information and resources on how to run inclusive Towns
- Provide you with advice on recruiting and retaining the right employees
- Provide you with tools, resources and information on employing people with disability
- Discuss Inclusive Towns in relation to Local Government Access and Inclusion Plans
- Provide further information to support grant applications for participating LGAs
- Connect you with the network of other councils who have participated in the project
Contact Inclusive Towns